There are only a few weeks remaining of the Fall 2017 semester and so many of you are using Canvas already (Hooray!) that we decided to add more workshops to our Canvas series. From November 28th – December 19th we will be offering Canvas 3-5* but don’t worry these workshops will also continue during the Spring 2017 semester.
* Prerequisite: Attending Canvas 1 & 2 workshops or Completing Canvas 101
Canvas 3: Modules, Pages, and Assignments, Oh My!
Canvas 3 will cover the following topics:
- Creating modules and add multiple pieces of content to them
- How and why modules are effective
- Best practices for building and designing modules
- Differences between pages, assignments, and modules
- When to use each type effectively
Canvas 3: Wed. 12/6/17 @1:30-3:00p and Fri. 12/15/17 @ 11:30-1p
Canvas 4: Designing Your Homepage
Canvas 4 will cover the following topics:
- Why a homepage is an important part of your course
- What makes an effective homepage
- Importing buttons and graphic assets from Commons to help build your page
Canvas 4: Fri. 12/8/17 @ 1-2:30p and Tue, 12/19 @ 9:30-11a
Canvas 5: Grades and SpeedGrader
Canvas 5 will cover the following topics:
- Using and modifying the gradebook
- Muting and unmuting assignment grades
- Adding comments and markup to student submissions in SpeedGrader
- Giving extra credit grades
Canvas 5: Tue. 11/28/17 @ 10-11:30a and Wed. 12/13/17 @ 12-1:30p
We look forward to seeing you in the FIT Studio.