The Online Teaching Preparation Program (OTPP) is a 6-week, fully online faculty development effort designed for new and experienced online instructors. The program immerses faculty in a fully online learning experience, providing valuable insight on the student experience. The OTPP curriculum is aligned with the CI Quality Learning and Teaching (QLT) rubric, adapted from the research-based CSU QLT.
Earn a Digital Badge
- Upon completion, faculty receive a digital badge through Credly, representing their proficiency in the of design and facilitation of connected, humanized online classes. Faculty may share the badge on their professional website and social networks.
- is 6-weeks long
- is fully online
- requires about 10 hours per week
- is asynchronous with optional live, online sessions
- includes staggered due dates and active engagement
- is actively facilitated
- is NOT self-paced
- engages faculty in a learning community throughout all stages of the program
- includes the following online course modules
- includes the development of an ePortfolio demonstrating how your online course aligns with 2 sections of the CI QLT rubric
How do I register?
- OTPP is offered once per semester
- Spring OTPP is currently full! However, we will be offering OTPP for the first time this Summer! The dates are as follow:
- Humanizing Online Learning, May 30th – June 13th
- How to Design Your Online Course, June 20th – July 18th
- QLT ePortfolio Development, July 18th – August 15th
- Registration for Summer 2018 will be available mid March.
- Use the link at the bottom of this page if you are interested in participating this Summer or in an upcoming semester!
- Space is limited
What are the registration requirements?
- Any CSUCI faculty may register.
- CI faculty who are currently teaching online or scheduled to teach in a fully online program will receive priority.