A Peek Inside the New VoiceThread! (4-minute video)
VoiceThread is an asynchronous conversation tool that provides the ability to converse in voice, video, or text around your media files (PDFs, videos, images, and more). At CI, VoiceThread is integrated with CI Learn, providing a seamless experience for connecting your students in warm, humanized online interactions.
A new, refreshed VoiceThread interface will be implemented at CI in January 2015 and greet you when you return for spring semester! This post provides a peek inside the new VoiceThread, additional help resources, and some tips for a seamless transition. We think you and your students will love it!
What to expect:
- All of your existing VoiceThreads will be available, wrapped in a new look and feel.
- The old “My Voice” page (where you are used to finding your VoiceThreads) is renamed “Home.”
- Your VoiceThreads will play in high definition, 16:9 format. When creating new media files for VoiceThread, format them in widescreen, 16:9 (HD) size.
New VoiceThread – Resources:
- How to create presentation slides formatted in HD, widescreen 16:9 size (Google Doc).
- How to listen to and view comments (a great resource to share with your students)
- How to create a VoiceThread
- How to edit a VoiceThread
- How to share a VoiceThread with a Group
- Troubleshooting help
- VoiceThread YouTube Channel – subscribe!