The Online Teaching Preparation Program (OTPP) is a 6-week, fully online faculty development effort designed for new and experienced online instructors. The program immerses faculty in a fully online learning experience, providing valuable insight on the student experience. The OTPP curriculum is aligned with the CI Quality in Online Learning and Teaching (QOLT) rubric, adapted from the research-based CSU QOLT.
Earn a Digital Badge
- Upon completion, faculty receive a digital badge through Credly, representing their proficiency in the of design and facilitation of connected, humanized online classes. Faculty may share the badge on their professional website and social networks.
- is 6-weeks long
- is fully online
- requires about 10 hours per week
- is asynchronous with up to three 1-hour live, online sessions
- includes staggered due dates
- is actively facilitated by Michelle Pacansky-Brock
- engages faculty in a learning community throughout all stages of the program
- includes the following 3, 2-week modules
How do I register?
- OTPP is offered once per semester
- Registration is available on this site at the start of each semester
- Space is limited
What are the registration requirements?
- Any CSUCI faculty may register.
- CI faculty who are currently teaching online or scheduled to teach in a fully online program will receive priority.
Interested in participating in OTPP?Let Us Know!