The Online Teaching Preparation Program (OTPP) is a 6-week, fully online faculty development effort designed for new and experienced online instructors. The program immerses faculty in a fully online learning experience, providing valuable insight on the student experience. The OTPP curriculum is aligned with the CI Quality in Online Learning and Teaching (QOLT) rubric, adapted from the research-based CSU QOLT.
Earn a Digital Badge
- Upon completion, faculty receive a digital badge through Credly, representing their proficiency in the of design and facilitation of connected, humanized online classes. Faculty may share the badge on their professional website and social networks.
- is 6-weeks long
- is fully online
- requires about 10 hours per week
- is asynchronous with optional live, online sessions
- includes staggered due dates and active engagement
- is actively facilitated
- is NOT self-paced
- engages faculty in a learning community throughout all stages of the program
- includes the following online course modules
- includes the development of an ePortfolio demonstrating how your online course aligns with 2 sections of the CI QLT rubric
How do I register?
- OTPP is offered once per semester
- Spring OTPP is currently full! However, we will be offering OTPP for the first time this Summer! The dates are as follow:
- Humanizing Online Learning, May 30th – June 13th
- How to Design Your Online Course, June 20th – July 18th
- QLT ePortfolio Development, July 18th – August 15th
- Registration for Summer 2018 will be available mid March.
- Use the link at the bottom of this page if you are interested in participating this Summer or in an upcoming semester!
- Space is limited
What are the registration requirements?
- Any CSUCI faculty may register.
- CI faculty who are currently teaching online or scheduled to teach in a fully online program will receive priority.